Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ethan's Baby Dedication

Ethan had his Baby Dedication on March 9th this year. This was such a sweet service, held for many parents and their precious children. As our Preschool Minister said, the dedication was more for the parents than for the children. And as a parent, it was extremely meaningful. God gave us this amazing baby! Somedays I still can't believe that. He actually trusted Ryan and I enough to place Ethan in our hands for his time here on Earth. And it is our calling to place him back in His. So that was this very special day.







*I would like to take this time to give MAJOR props to the Preschool Ministry at our church. You all are AMAZING. The prayers that you all have prayed for our children, the way you have encouraged us as parents, how you all are there with huge smiles everytime we come through the door. I thank God for each of you!!*


We were so grateful to have Ethan's Pap-Pap and Grammy Musser and his Mom-ma Ocker with us for the dedication.




Our Pastor of Emerging Generations gave a very brief message at the beginning of the service and one of the things that he said that remained in my heart was that we, as his parents, are called to train Ethan according to his "bend". God has fashioned Ethan in a way that will be different from our other children. He has given him his own personality, his own desires, his own calling - and we are given the "without God, forget about it" task of raising him so that he is equipped to be all that God has planned for him. Wow, we need God.

Ethan threw his first, very short-lived, temper tantrum at Chick-Fil-A tonight. I thought it was adorable (don't judge me) and Ryan had his own, very different, opinion. I know that the next time, I won't find it quite as endearing, so I'm already calling my mom friends and asking for advice. My point being, we need God...and we desperately need each other. I'm so thankful for the friends that I have with children older than Ethan - and for all ya'll with smaller babies and none at all. But it's so nice to know that we don't have to face parenting alone.

No comments: