Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wow time flies!

I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by. Ethan is 6 weeks already! He is getting so big and becoming more alert every day. We are absolutely loving getting to know him. He loves music and loves to laugh and LOVES to snuggle! He took a bottle for the first time last week. This I didn't know - not everyone likes their beverages of choice to be ice cold and refreshing. (Please note that any comments of "Duh!" will be resented and deleted immediately. In my defense, I will say that I ran the bottle under hot water for a long time and I was rushing because he was very hungry!) I now know how to properly heat a bottle and he does very well with them. This worked out beautifully when Ryan and I got to go out on our first date in 6 weeks on Friday. (Which by the way - go see Fireproof if you haven't already. It is so good!) At his last dr's appointment he weighed 11 lbs and we found out that he has a lymph node. (This is a slightly embarrassing story. Apparently, they're pretty common and nothing to worry about. I would like to add that I am a chemist and we are not required to take anatomy and physiology!!)



He gives me this look all the time!




Here we are at a pumpkin patch that we went to with our friends Jim and Taryn and their precious daughter Tessa. This was the first of hopefully many dates for Ethan and Tessa. :)



As I'm writing this the boys are taking a Sunday afternoon nap - which is what I should be doing! Adios!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sarah! That is the cutest face!! I can just imagine him looking at you like that! And you have to frame the one of him and Ryan! precious!