Friday, August 8, 2008

I'd like to thank...

Did you ever see that movie Clueless? I have to admit, when I was 16, I thought this movie was awesome! The other day I was thinking about different situations, and different people that I have been so thankful for during my pregnancy. And what exactly does this have to do with Clueless? Well there is this scene, where the teacher (the bald guy from The Princess Bride) is going through his class list and the amount of days they had been tardy, and apparently one of the guys (Travis) had been tardy, I'm thinking 32 days or some crazy number. And Travis gets up behind the desk and begins to go into a "thank you" speech, Oscar style. "And I'd like to thank the people at McDonalds who spend hours making those delicious breakfast sandwiches, without which I might never be tardy." I couldn't believe I had remembered so much from that scene and I literally laughed out loud. But it got me thinking about all of the people and all of the things that have happened throughout my pregnancy that I am so thankful for. So although I will never win an Oscar, and I will never be tardy that many days, here goes...

I'd like to thank...
the people at Panera bread who give me a big cup for water instead of making me refill the 4oz cup at the drink area, whoever figured out how to remove caffeine from coffee and Coca-Cola, my friend Surajit for handling all of the chemicals in the lab for me, my husband for getting out of bed at 3:00 in the morning to get me water, my awesome friends Taryn and Leigh Ann who gave me maternity clothes to wear, my friend Brian who had a baby in April and keeps bringing me diapers that his son has grown out of, all of the amazing friends who have filled Ethan's closet and bedroom with so many wonderful things, the amazing Florie Ann who has prayed for Ethan every day since we let her know we were pregnant, my friends and family for giving me incredible showers, the random people who say, "Really, you're 9 months pregnant?" instead of "Are you sure you're not having multiples?!", the friendly people at Publix who always carry my bags out to my car, my husband for telling me, a very swollen me, that I am beautiful in a culture of "pregorexia", and most of all my God, for giving me Ethan and who is knitting my son together in my womb even as I am writing this. I'm also so thankful to Him for making this summer not so hot. The list could go on and on...but I think I'm starting to hear the orchestra beginning to play...

Seriously, thank you!

No comments: